Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anonymous
Emmanuel Onukaogu

PostEmmanuel Onukaogu Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:41 pm

This is what I expected Nnamdi Kanu to champion in his agitation but he went astray etc, if you don't build your own house the way you like others will not do it for you, igbos generally are entrepreneurs and don't depend on government etc this is one of the reasons many igbos have no interest in politics but business and Investment, with what is happening in Nigeria to igbos living in other parts of Nigeria especially lagos they should start thinking home, the Federal Government never prevents igbos from developing southeast etc,our southeast politicians should stand up and build infrastructure and stop embezzling money meant for developing southeast etc, dubai was build by few few Arab millionaires not necessarily there government, we have rich igbo millionaire scattered all over the world, Ohaneze Ndigbo should start making igboland more attractive to Igbo investment by encouraging them rather than getting involved in politics, Onitsha river should be dredged,we should start diverting our resources to southeast, some argue that they are afraid to develop there communities due to witches and wizard chai just imagine, I see southeast as the dubai of Africa in the nearest future, yoruba, Hausa will one day start rushing to igboland to stay etc they will will start to agitate to break up from Nigeria because we are now powerful in terms of infrastructure and Investment, we no longer depends on government allocation etc, I so much dream of this but it will work if we come together with strong faith, without hatred for ourselves, without saying the person from Ebonyi State is Hausa people etc aku-ruonu everbody body will smile
Princess
Princess
Lv2: Member
Gender Gender : Female
Time Online : 16m 15s
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostPrincess Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:44 pm

Innocent Nwankwo wrote:@Chinedum Ugoji . A seaport is not a football field. It requires Executive manipulation because it is a Federally controlled facility. You cannot wake up, call your villagers to come and start contributing money.
Seaports are exclusively in the Nigerian Ports Authority powers by the constitution. The inland waterways authority is vested in the control of all inland waterways to which Oguta belongs. There is therefore a tripartite requirement and collaboration in this circumstance. As the Executive is of a hostile party, it cannot accede to the concession. For it controls the Ports Authority and the Inland waterways.
On the other hand, a seaport in Igboland requires gigantic civil engineering. You cut a deep canal and channel from Bonny into Oguta. The sum for such is beyond the present Federal Government. It will need foreign investments as the EU, China, IMF and or the US governments participation and financing. It is not "enyinba enyi " issue. Don't forget about the the Federal intrigues that will abort it to continue giving Lagos continued advantages and monopoly.
Nothing is built in a day. We can start it and keep progressing. Doing nothing and waiting is never the best option shrug
Anonymous
Christopher Umeaku

PostChristopher Umeaku Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:48 pm

This is time all the igbo governos can come together and achieve one goal for the benefit of all igbos
Anonymous
Amajuoyi Stephen

PostAmajuoyi Stephen Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:50 pm

This issue now here is the best topic to be shared on facebook. On my take on it i will suggest that all our Igbo importers and investors in other parts of nigeria to bring their containers to the east here after clearance from lagos or so to enable other tribes and region to come to our land. from there we will build a world class business hubb and revenue will be genarated. Let start from the one fed got may not know where we are coming from and where we are heading to
Anonymous
Janyce Omalicha

PostJanyce Omalicha Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:53 pm

Seriously this is what this group should be about. Posting relevant things to better the lives of Igbos.
Anonymous
Samuel Eze

PostSamuel Eze Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:57 pm

So you people think that it's because their is no building that's why theirs no Airport and Seaport...Igbo kwenu Biafran LTD. hahahaha  amusing
Princess
Princess

PostPrincess Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:59 pm

Samuel Eze wrote:So you people think that it's because their is no building that's why theirs no Airport and Seaport...Igbo kwenu Biafran LTD. hahahaha  amusing

What exactly do you mean? Pls, explain. thinking gift
Anonymous
Samuel Eze

PostSamuel Eze Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:06 pm

Princesd wrote:What exactly do you mean? Pls, explain. Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 2762881502 Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 4208175030

Those things we want to build is not operational, not because of lack of structure but govt inability to permit their functions.. don't forget that Onne was once functioning as a Seaport
Princess
Princess

PostPrincess Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:08 pm

Samuel Eze wrote:
Princesd wrote:What exactly do you mean? Pls, explain. Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 2762881502 Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 4208175030

Those things we want to build is not operational, not because of lack of structure but govt inability to permit their functions.. don't forget that Onne was once functioning as a Seaport

Samuel Eze we can always begin with other projects before starting the big ones
Anonymous
Samuel Eze

PostSamuel Eze Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:15 pm

Samuel Eze wrote: wrote:
Princesd wrote: wrote:What exactly do you mean? Pls, explain. Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 2762881502 Igbos Should Come Together And Build Seaport In Igboland - Page 2 4208175030

I believe the best shot on this issue is to pressurize the govt to commission the existing ones to international usage
Anonymous
Chinedum Ugoji

PostChinedum Ugoji Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:17 pm

@Samuel Eze If you believe they care enough to listen then you really have a lot of confidence in the goodness of the government
Anonymous
Samuel Eze

PostSamuel Eze Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:22 pm

If they don't care to commission the existing, why building new ones? shrug
Princess
Princess

PostPrincess Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:29 pm

Samuel Eze wrote:If they don't care to commission the existing, why building new ones? shrug

You are on point here nodding but we should not still down, folding our hands and be expecting the government to do this because it is obviously clear they aren't interested. So, doing nothing is even to their own interest.
Anonymous
Uzor Anyanwu

PostUzor Anyanwu Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:37 pm

I completely share in this line of thought and i have canvased for it in my private discussions with friends. That Ndigbo have what it takes to build the Alaigbo of our dreams. Not just the seaports or airports, but a thriving economic hub that can compete with the Asian tigers or even surpass them. All these agitations and attention seeking tactics to me,is a serious distraction. The time to get working is now. Thank you for this piece
Anonymous
Gabriel Nwachukwu

PostGabriel Nwachukwu Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:39 pm

You can not achieve it under Nigeria, in Nigeria the Igbos are subjected to nothing out of envy and jealousy, only Biafra can set us free, support Biafra referendum
Princess
Princess

PostPrincess Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:41 pm

Gabriel Nwachukwu wrote:You can not achieve it under Nigeria, in Nigeria the Igbos are subjected to nothing out of envy and jealousy, only Biafra can set us free, support Biafra referendum

I can never support Biafra. If Biafra is achieved today, tomorrow, Enugu people will start agitating for Waa wa republic.... because a typical Anambra man believes they are superior to every other Igbos. Many people cannot build a good House in their village due to fear of wicked uncles. Anyi laa Biafra, anyi ga egbusi onwe anyi
Anonymous
Ike Ndukwe

PostIke Ndukwe Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:45 pm

Igbo's can do much more thanked that and Nigeria knows these. That is why they don't want Igbo's to liberate itself. Igbo Land will become the paradise of Africa. Bet me.
Anonymous
Chinwe Prudence

PostChinwe Prudence Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:48 pm

It's not just about saying it here,its about our leaders and all of us teaming up as one to make this become a reality,the south and east leaders should wake up and execute projects like this
Federal government won't do everything for us
Sorry to say this, some persons will still use it as a means of enriching themselves. Ndi nfo fojuo akpa
Anonymous
Vitalis Amuche Onah

PostVitalis Amuche Onah Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:54 pm

This is the best topic ever discussed here, we can do it, #Supported The intimidation coming from from Yoruba and Hausa is getting worse :Hausa.. Leave our Kano :Yoruba leave our Lagos, enough is enough
Anonymous
Iheanacho Chukwukere

PostIheanacho Chukwukere Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:56 pm

If every citizen in south east and south South contribute 100 every month Oga we will not build only seaport we will also build rail way across our land..
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum