Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Petition To Reverse US Election Result And Stop Donald Trump Being President Bec

View previous topic View next topic Go down

frogman
frogman
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
Time Online : 41m 17s
My Club My Club : Liverpool

Postfrogman Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:15 pm

Petition To Reverse US Election Result And Stop Donald Trump Being President Bec  Trumpobama

It has now been signed by 4.6 million people

A petition asking for the result of the US election to be reversed is now the most popular in the history of Change.org.

The signatories – who total 4.6 million people – call on the Electoral College to stop Donald Trump from being President, which is a theoretically possible but never-before-attempted way of altering the result of the US election. Hillary Clinton won millions more votes than Donald Trump, but Mr Trump became President-elect because of the voting system.

The petition is titled “Make Hillary Clinton President” and argues that because Ms Clinton won the popular vote she should be made President. It also argues that the President-elect is “unfit to serve”.

With 4.6 million signatures, the petition has over two million more votes than the second largest campaign on the website. That was a campaign asking for the Yulin Dog Meat Festival to be shut down, which was begun three years ago.

The petition against Mr Trump was begun just after the election on 10 November. It was started by social worker Daniel Brezenoff.

Signatures to the petition are based on the idea that it is still possible for the result of the election to be reversed. The Electoral College system requires that representatives of each state cast ballots to decide who will actually become the new President – those members of the college are supposed to vote for whoever won their state, but could theoretically change their mind.

“On December 19, the Electors of the Electoral College will cast their ballots,” the petition writes. “If they all vote the way their states voted, Donald Trump will win. However, in 14 of the states in Trump’s column, they can vote for Hillary Clinton without any legal penalty if they choose.”

Since the petition has started, some legal proceedings have been launched to test the legal penalty in those other states. There has never really been any need to enforce them, since faithless electors make up only a tiny number of people, but activists are looking to encourage more people not to vote this year.

The petition itself argues that the Electoral College should change its mind because of the results of the popular vote.

“Hillary won the popular vote,” the description reads. “The only reason Trump “won” is because of the Electoral College.

“But the Electoral College can actually give the White House to either candidate. So why not use this most undemocratic of our institutions to ensure a democratic result?”

There are another 6,000 petitions related to Mr Trump on the Change.org website.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-president-elect-result-us-petition-changeorg-sign-hillary-clinton-a7451696.html
Xflint
Xflint
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 2h 20m 29s
State : nil
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostXflint Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

i am laughing loud.... chuckle

this is how football rule is, a club may win the game despite their ball possession is 30% while other club will lose the game despite having ball possession of 70%. the rule of the game is who scored the goal.

yes, Clinton had more possession but Trump scored the goal while was their rule of amusing amusing
Paradise
Paradise
Administrator
Administrator
Gender Gender : Male
Time Online : 8d 3h 36m 31s
State : Ebonyi
My Club My Club : Barcelona
Awards :

PostParadise Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:23 pm

Xflint wrote:i am laughing loud.... chuckle

this is how football rule is, a club may win the game despite their ball possession is 30% while other club will lose the game despite having ball possession of 70%. the rule of the game is who scored the goal.

yes, Clinton had more possession but Trump scored the goal while was their rule of amusing amusing

Exactly....
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum