Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Official ASUP strike Update Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deyongs
Deyongs
Lv3: Senior Member
My Club My Club : Juventus

PostDeyongs Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:52 pm

People go die ooo
Brainstorm
Brainstorm
Time Online : 5s
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostBrainstorm Fri 16 May 2014, 7:35 am

I read a news, federal government of Nigeria saying they have no budget for striking lecturer until 2015
Vivian
Vivian
Lv1: New Member
Lv1: New Member
Time Online : 1h 55m 12s
My Club My Club : Arsenal

PostVivian Mon 26 May 2014, 7:14 pm

Report reaching liveschoolnews.com.ng news desk has it that, The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics ( ASUP ), will on Tuesday, 27th May, 2014 convene a crucial meeting with the Federal Government.

Liveschoolnews.com.ng gathered from an impecable source that Wed. 28th is the deadline day for National Executive Council (NEC) Meeting, Where ASUP and
COEASU will decide whether to continue with the industrial action or suspend
the strike.

Liveschoolnews.com.ng grapevine learnt that the White paper, Needs for Assesment and HND report is expected to be submitted on the same day.

The Union action which clocks 9 months, brought academic activities on campuses nationwide to its knees .

Their action was a response to Federal Government’s failure to accede to their Demands.
Venusg
Venusg
State : Edo State
My Club My Club : Liverpool

PostVenusg Tue 03 Jun 2014, 6:06 pm

The struggle by Academic Staff of Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) to ensure that their demands are met before they return to classrooms may be suffering a setback with some polytechnics pulling out of the strike.

The Academic Staff Union Of Polytechnics, ASUP embarked on an indefinite strike action to compel the Federal Government to implement the agreement reached with the union.

It would be re-called that on 22nd May, 2014 federal Polytechnic, Bida pulled out of Asup Strike. Last Month, Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi also suspended the strike. The Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure in Jigawa
State, has also pulled out of the strike.

Report reaching our desk has it that, the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) Federal Polytechnic Nekede Chapter has officially pulled out of the ongoing ASUP nationwide strike. The Polytechnic will resume for 2013/2014 academic year as follows:

Date: Monday, 9th June, 2014. All old and new students are expected back to school on 9th June, 2014 as lectures will commence immediately. Please, note that no student will be admitted into any lecture room/hall of residence without evidence of complete payment of all outstanding and current school fees.

This was made know to our grapevine by the school Registrar.
Hatch
Hatch
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Time Online : 10m 18s
State : Ebonyi State
My Club My Club : Manchester United
Awards :

PostHatch Sun 08 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

Chairman of Governing councils colleges of Education, Emmanuel Nosike, said the on-going strikes by the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, ASUP and Colleges of Education, COEASU will in few days be called off.

Nosike said this after a meeting between the Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike and Heads of Federal Tertiary Institutions.

Wike, while speaking at the meeting, yesterday, slammed Council members of tertiary institutions, asking them to stop localizing appointments of Vice-chancellors, Rectors and Provosts in their domain.

Wike stated this while meeting with Heads of Federal Tertiary Institutions to discuss challenges facing Public higher institutions in Nigeria.

According to Wike, “Federal Government has no business in the appointment of vice-chancellor, rectors and provost but what is important is to ensure that due process is followed.

“They are federal government institutions and not community schools. So we must encourage everybody that is qualified to vie for a position without consideration of where the person comes from.
“Even when people apply for a position but because he or she is not from a particular local government despite the fact that he is from the state, the council still discriminate.

“This is a federal government university appointment and they are intellectuals. Appointment of VC, Provost and Rectors should be based on qualifications not local areas”.

On dichotomy between universities and polytechnics in Nigeria, he said “Internal strife among lecturers in polytechnics is making it difficult for the federal government to solve the problem of dichotomy between universities and polytechnics.

“The same people who are calling for dichotomy don’t want Professors in their schools, yet you want to award degrees like universities and don’t want to have professors amongst you.

“It is imperative for us all to allow efficiency to rule. We might not be 100% right but we must do the right things all the time”.

Wike, while addressing the issue of security tasked all the Heads of Federal Tertiary Institutions to be at alert and vigilant.

“We all know the security situation in this country and we must all be at alert and have people who are monitoring your campuses”.

https://igboists.forumotion.com/t1173-asup-coeasu-strike-to-be-called-off-in-days-nwosike#3023
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum