Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Breaking News! Victory for NNAMDI KANU as Justice John Tosho withdraws from his trial

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashawo
Ashawo
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
State : Kaduna
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostAshawo Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:35 pm

Breaking News! Victory for NNAMDI KANU as Justice John Tosho withdraws from his trial Image20160926111155

John Tsoho, the judge handling Nnamdi Kanu’s trial, has returned the case file to Ibrahim Auta, chief justice of federal high court, for reassignment.
This was sequel to an application by the legal team of Kanu led by Chuks Muoma, claiming that the court was biased in its handling of the matter.
“We are only asking the court to hands off; my client has lost confidence in this court,” he said.
He claimed that the court was acting in line with the suggestion of President Muhammadu Buhari that Kanu was not going to be released under any circumstance.
The counsel said that if they did not get the relief they sought, they would proceed to the International Court of Justice.
Muoma said any proceedings in the case, following the claim that a petition was written to the National Judicial Council (NJC) to protest against the court, would “stifle it”.
“I understand that there is a letter to NJC, though I haven’t seen it and the CJ has replied saying that the matter will be investigated,” he said.
“I would urge you that you transfer the matter; I would suggest that it be sent back to the CJ.”
Responding, the judge said: “I have no interest in trying your matter and I will return it to the CJ, but I will condemn the attitude of that counsel. I do not care if you take your case to another planet.”
He said that making a ruling on the said application was an attempt to “pre-empt” the outcome of the petition sent by Kanu’s lawyers to the CJ.
However, in a ruling, the judge who prevented the prosecuting counsel from speaking, said: “This case is hereby transferred to the CJ.”
See pix of Kanu appearance in court today:

Breaking News! Victory for NNAMDI KANU as Justice John Tosho withdraws from his trial 14469454_1903259589901571_262463719223511138_n

Breaking News! Victory for NNAMDI KANU as Justice John Tosho withdraws from his trial 14494707_1238015282886073_6659651641435994631_n

Breaking News! Victory for NNAMDI KANU as Justice John Tosho withdraws from his trial 14449925_1238015466219388_4270663419374431539_n

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum