Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Nigeria Has76% Of ECOWAS Economy — Okonjo-iweala

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hatch
Hatch
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Time Online : 10m 18s
State : Ebonyi State
My Club My Club : Manchester United
Awards :

PostHatch Tue 06 May 2014, 8:23 am

AS the World Economic Forum, WEF, for Africa kicks off tomorrow in Abuja, the Minister of Finance and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said yesterday, that
Nigeria’s economy constituted 76 per cent of the economy of Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS.

Okonjo-Iweala who made the assertion at a news conference on the WEF, said that aside from the ECOWAS economy, Nigeria
also held 30 per cent of the economy in sub-Saharan Africa and 21 per cent of Africa’s economy. The minister said that it
was, therefore, meaningful that the economic forum on Africa was being held in Nigeria.

According to her, the meeting was in line with efforts to ensure that we have inclusive growth in the country. Okonjo-Iweala explained that the sessions at the
forum would dwell on issues that would enunciate the best ways to ensure that jobs were created in Africa to help reduce inequality. Other issues that the forum
would focus on, she said, included skills creation and better service by public workers.

She added that civil society groups and the private sector would participate in all activities at the forum, adding that many
initiatives which would be highly
beneficial to Nigeria would be floated at the sessions of the forum.

She said, “there are specific things that will be of benefit to us as Nigeria for the forum being held here. The first is that there are several initiatives; we have the
Grow Africa Initiative which is for funding of agriculture in the continent. They have been able to raise about N7 billion investments and about half of it will be coming to Nigeria and also the healthcare
initiative designed to strengthen access to health care which many of it will be coming to Nigeria.
“A skills initiative is being launched by WEF and within that, we are going to see a new initiative of Safe Schools being
launched by the private sector in Nigeria.

Aliko Dangote, Nduka Obaigbena together with Mr. Gordon Brown, former British Prime Minister and UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Education, would take charge of
the session."

Source
Ashawo
Ashawo
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
State : Kaduna

PostAshawo Tue 06 May 2014, 6:21 pm

this people don't expect us to be mad in happiness. Cos when dis money come nobody go see the pieces sef
Rooneyman
Rooneyman
Lv1: New Member
Lv1: New Member

PostRooneyman Tue 06 May 2014, 8:07 pm

Ashawo wrote:this people don't expect us to be mad in happiness. Cos when dis money come nobody go see the pieces sef

100% for you Ashawo. Before i go reach the poor mass na only chaff go remain
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum