Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Armed Robbers Murder 4-Year Old Daughter Of UNIBEN Lecturer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yungcrae
yungcrae
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member

Postyungcrae Sat 26 Nov 2016, 5:02 pm

Armed Robbers Murder 4-Year Old Daughter Of UNIBEN Lecturer Armed-Robber

The home of a Uni­versity of Benin lecturer in Benin City, Dr Kingsley Ogbeide was thrown into mourning last Wednesday when unknown gunmen invaded his house, killing his 4-year old daughter, Ai­sosa.

The incident which happened at house No. 10, Enadeghe Street, Off Ughowo-Lagos Road, Evbuomore quar­ters, Benin City, threw res­idents into total disbelief when the unprovoked gun­man suddenly opened fire on Aisosa and his brother and sister who were afraid of their lives when the gun­men broke in.
Aisosa had died instant­ly while her brother and 2-year-old sister sustained varying degrees of bullet injuries. The girl is await­ing surgery to extract the bullets lodged in her jaw though she is nursing the bullet wounds on her head.
After the tragedy, the gunmen went ahead to rob their parents of two laptops, phones, iPad, wristwatches, perfumes and other yet to be known valuables.
Narrating the unfortu­nate incident, Dr Kingsley Ogbeide, a lecturer in Engi­neering Department at the University and his wife, Mrs Ogbeide, a civil servant, said the heat in his apartment on Saturday November 4th at about 4pm had prompted him to open one of the slide windows bit only to be wel­comed by a flash of touch light followed by a voice.
He said, “We started scampering for safety, raised alarm to nearby neighbours, then the children woke up, we all ran to the lobby, be­fore two minutes they broke the protector and were al­ready inside.
“When they entered they started asking where is the money, where is the gold? I said we don’t have money or gold. Truthfully I was only having N500.00 in my wal­let. My wife had no money. We are just civil servants. We told them that there are laptops, though they still took the laptops and phones.
“Being that the lobby door was a bit closed, one of them suddenly shot through the door and the bullet hit one of my daughters, a four and a half year old daughter who died on the spot while the other two children sus­tained some level of injuries.
“I don’t know why he shot because the door was not locked; even the other robber was now quarrel­ling with him saying why did you shoot? Look! Now you have killed a girl”. Dr Ogbeide narrated.
Dr Ogbeide however ap­pealed to Governor God­win Obaseki to be hasty in creating jobs for the youth as it would reduce various degrees of vices in the so­ciety.

Source: http://nignews.com.ng/armed-robbers-murder-4-year-old-daughter-of-uniben-lecturer/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum