Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Osinbajo to visit manufacturing firms in Anambra

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yungcrae
yungcrae
Lv3: Senior Member

Postyungcrae Wed 23 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm

Osinbajo to visit manufacturing firms in Anambra Osinbajo-777x437

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would on Thursday visit some companies in Anambra to assess the challenges facing them in the state.

The state governor, Willie Obiano, made this known to journalists in Awka on Wednesday.Obiano said the visit was against the backdrop of the presentation he made to the Federal Government after he met with the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria, Anambra chapter, recently.

He said the visit would enable the federal government to provide sustainability package in the areas of forex and raw material sourcing to 300 firms in the state to enable them stay afloat.

According to the governor, Osinbajo would visit the major industrial hubs of the state including Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.

He said the need to help the manufacturing firms could not be farfetched as the sector alone employed about 800,000 workers.

“Recently I had a meeting with manufacturers in Anambra where they made their challenges known to us and I tabled the problems in Abuja before the Federal Government and Central Bank,” the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted the governor as saying to journalists.

“On that basis, the vice president will visit the state on Thursday (November 24) and see things for himself; he will visit selected firms in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.”

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/23/osinbajo-to-visit-manufacturing-firms-in-anambra/
Queen
Queen
My Club My Club : Tottenham Hotspurs

PostQueen Wed 23 Nov 2016, 10:58 pm

Nice one from mere commissioner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum