Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

ASUU will suspend strike on Monday – FG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yungcrae
yungcrae
Lv3: Senior Member

Postyungcrae Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:40 pm

ASUU will suspend strike on Monday – FG ASUU_logo-600x437

The Federal Government has expressed optimism that the strike embarked on by the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) by Monday at the latest.

This was made known by Dr. Clement Illo, who is the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, while speaking to newsmen in Abuja on Thursday.

It can be recalled that a meeting ASUU held with the Senate President, the Committee on Labour and the Committee on Education, among others ended in deadlock on Wednesday.
Illo however called the meeting as “a very positive step” and stated that the strike could be suspended over this weekend.

“It is still work in progress and we are still meeting tomorrow (Friday) and on Monday,” he said.

“But the indications are very positive that the issues will be resolved as quickly as possible. We are sure of success on Friday but if we did not, then we will definitely succeed by Monday.

“So, the possibility like I said of suspending the strike is still very positive because there is high possibility that the strike would be suspended.

“This is because the issues have been very well articulated and already, there is a focus on how it will be resolved.”

He also promised that everything will be done, to ensure the agreement is implemented as quickly as possible.

Illo added: “like I said, it is very positive, why should government not implement something it signed in good faith?”

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/asuu-will-suspend-strike-on-monday-fg/
Xflint
Xflint
Time Online : 2h 20m 29s
State : nil
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostXflint Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:50 pm

That is good news @yungcrae

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum