Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Shocking! Alaba marketer says ‘there is nothing like piracy in Nigeria’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yungcrae
yungcrae
Lv3: Senior Member

Postyungcrae Thu 17 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm

Shocking! Alaba marketer says ‘there is nothing like piracy in Nigeria’ Alaba-Market

The issue of piracy is something that has plagued the Nigeria entertainment industry for years. Actors, musicians, and even artists have constantly moaned that Piracy was draining their industry of legitimate monies they should be making.

So far, the government has done almost nothing to tackle this menace. One place that has become synonymous with piracy is the popular Alaba market located in Lagos. Marketers that operate there are considered ‘small gods’ because they control the distribution channels that a musician or filmmaker desperately needs to make money off their projects.

Shocking! Alaba marketer says ‘there is nothing like piracy in Nigeria’ Vllkyt7iha1tjtb2v.50ca63b2

One of such marketers named Kingsley was a guest on a yet to be aired episode of The Gist hosted by popular media personality Emma Ugolee and what he revealed about Alaba is shocking, to say the least.

Shocking! Alaba marketer says ‘there is nothing like piracy in Nigeria’ Vllkyt49gv54ne8qr.d985b06a
Mr. Kingsley also said artistes like Phyno ‘pay’ him to help publicise their music

Asked what the role of the Alaba marketer is, he said “Alaba marketers are there to help musicians make their music be heard everywhere. Even abroad.” Going further, Mr. Kingsley said “There is nothing like piracy because these musicians beg us to help market their music. For example, Phyno has been calling me to help him but if he sees me today, he would do as if he does not know me.”

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/17/shocking-alaba-marketer-says-there-is-nothing-like-piracy-in-nigeria/
Paradise
Paradise
Administrator
Administrator
Gender Gender : Male
Time Online : 8d 3h 36m 31s
State : Ebonyi
My Club My Club : Barcelona
Awards :

PostParadise Thu 17 Nov 2016, 4:57 pm

Some people dey talk ooo.

Last edited by Paradise on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Ashawo
Ashawo
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
State : Kaduna
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostAshawo Thu 17 Nov 2016, 5:09 pm

thats how they roll
Zenith
Zenith
Time Online : 1h 52m 24s
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostZenith Thu 17 Nov 2016, 6:25 pm

@Ashawo i didnt get u
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum